Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I shall turn darkness into hallowed light

Working with Jim was utterly amazing. I'm not just saying this just to say this. It's true. I cried at least two times in that workshop. I thought my inner kid died six years ago along with my friend, but I pulled back a memory when I was four and we were playing as a knight and his princess. I remembered that moment, and how it made me feel. I was at ease. I was happy again, I knew that it was there. I know that I'm alive inside. Then I had to connect to my other childhood, the childhood belonging to the other soul (if you would refer to it that way) that exists in my body. Then we just yelled at each other (to the point that most of us lost our voices), the anger and energy we generated made us feel so strong that I thought that we could beat up every kid in the school by ourselves. We did some Meisner training with repeating what we were saying. Then we were paired up with another person (I was paired with Ellen) and we tried to read each other through how we looked. Honestly I was amazed how spot on we were. We did the best improv we had since the beginning of the year. I found out so much about myself just today. I can't wait for the next workshop. I have come to terms with myself. I was blamed for everything in the world, my family said that I was so dark and evil. But is being dark evil, without darkness one cannot know light. So I'm not evil. Take that stereotypes. Be seeing you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're in this workshop - it will be great for you.

    I've never thought you're evil.

    ReplyDelete